Saturday, September 01, 2007

So, Mom, can you explain THAT?

Ciarra rode with me into town tonight, and as usual, chattered my ear off. Her understanding of the world is obviously growing, which is good. But her understanding of the world is obviously growing, which is not so good. Confusing, huh?
Yeah, me too.

"Mom, where's Santa?"
"At the North Pole."
"Why's he at the North Pole?"
"He's getting everything ready for Christmas."
"Where's the sleigh?"
"In the garage, getting a new paintjob."
"Oh. Where's the reindeer?"
"In the stable, eating hay and resting."
"Where is his wife...the...Mrs. Clause?"
"In the kitchen baking cookies."
"Oh."
"Mom?"
"Yes?"
"Santa should not eat too many cookies."
"He shouldn't? How come?"
"He will get too fat. He needs helfy food."
"You know, you are right. Even Santa needs healthy food."
...
...
...
"Mom?"
"Yes, Ciarra?"
"How does Santa fit down the chimney?"
"You mean cause he might be too fat?"
"Yeah. Chimney's are small Mom."
(Thinking quick....)
"You know Santa has some special magic, he wiggles his nose." (Yes, i KNOW, that was bewitched...silly me.)"Then he does his magic and slides right down the chimney."
"Who taught him the magic?"
"Ummm, I'm not sure?"
"The chimney is pretty small. The roof is big though."
"Yes."
"What if Santa forgets the magic and he is too fat to fit?"
"I hope he doesn't forget his magic, that would be sad."
"I hope so too, Mom."




"Mom?"
"Yes, Ciarra?"
"I am gonna tell Santa he has to eat the carrots and leave the cookies for Rudolph this year."

1 comment:

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I love children's conversations!