Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Forever changed

I can think of no other time in my life that has touched me and changed me the way the story of Audrey Caroline Smith has. I feel closer to God because of her, somehow...this tiny fragile little person has made me dig deeper and question more. Her mother's words really made me think, and although I have always been a person of great faith, I am even more so now. A friend and Pastor of a church near them made this video to tell their story. I am SO blessed to have seen it, and also to have tickets to see Selah in concert next month. I think I will bring Ciarra with me.


Smith Family Story from Matthew Singleton on Vimeo.


2 comments:

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

ISN'T THIS INCREDIBLE?!?! Angie and Todd are amazing people, and I have found strength by walking through this along with them and seeing their faith and positive outlook amidst the pain of losing their baby girl. I am SO glad they made this video...

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Michelle,

Thank you SOOO much for your comment. You made me laugh and brought tears to my eyes simultaneously. I have only had to delete one other comment in the nearly 2 years of blogging I've done, and as much as I wanted to ignore this person, I just couldn't. She didn't leave any contact information (of course) so I felt the need to vent on my blog with hope that she might return to read it. Thank you SO much for what you said. I believe this person must not have read much of my blog, and I do not want Owen to grow up too fast. We missed the first 18 months of his life, and we are making up those days, those minutes with him, every single day, reading his signals and doing the best we possibly can to be the best parents he could ever have. No one knows Owen better than we do, and we are so grateful for our friends and family (both personal and in blogland) who continue to support us in such a loving way.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! :)