Thursday, June 26, 2008

the not-so-funny-vocabulary quiz

It was hot here yesterday. I laid down on my bed next to the fan to cool down. Pretty soon Jesse came in to chat, and he laid down too. Then 2 dogs, then Ciarra. We were all laying there relaxing when Ciarra, who was in the middle, started getting irritated at Jesse, who was apparently "TOUCHING HER"...oh dont ya love mommyhood sometimes? ;)
So I move into the middle, and Jesse proceeds to start "TOUCHING ME"...he is a 12 yr old boy who likes to be as annoying as humanly possible. I tell him to stop being a pest (he is prone to tickling anyone whose back is turned) and lay still. I settle back in. All is quiet. Then Ciarra says, into the darkness...

"Jesse is a pain in the ass."
OOPS. "Ciarra, we dont use those words, those arent nice words."
"Oh. Is that a potty word?"
"Yes, it isnt a nice word, ok?"
"Ok. Potty words arent nice."
"Nope."
"I know some potty words."
silence
"Mom. I know some potty words."
"Yes Ciarra, but we dont use potty words, ok?"
"Like oh my F'ing word, Mom, like that?" (guilty as charged. Nuff said.)
Ummm..."Ciarra, that is a BAD word, please dont say that."
"I know that word mom, OMFW. That one? Thats a potty word, you said that word mom."
"Yes, Ciarra, I should not have said that, please do NOT say that word."
"Ok." ..."Mom?"
"Yes, Ciarra."
"Is what the hell a bad word?"
"Ok, time for bed guys...."

Uh...methinks we need to watch the language around here a LITTLE better.




4 comments:

Our Story: Continued said...

OMGosh! I love Ciarra because she makes me so excited about what's to come with Darah. This just made me laugh so hard! We're working on saying words like "dog" and "ball," it's so crazy that there's going to be a day when I have to tell her "that's a potty word." ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amanda said...

LOL I love it! I love these little conversations with Ciarra. And I'm with McKenna: Sarah's at speech camp right now and we're working so hard on getting her to speak clearly, that I'll probably look forward to hearing the "potty words". :) Thanks for the smile.

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

That is exactly why I have a fit when Ryan uses "potty words!"

Stacy said...

It has been a long time since I popped in on your blog. I'm glad I visited downsyn tonight, which prompted me to check in here.

I love this post about potty words. How typical is that of kids? To find a way to get that potty word in, no matter how many times you ask them not to use it. I love it. Even Ciarra's potty mouth is an encouragement!